11:04 AM

Since my salesman never wrote his name in his journal, it bothers me that I can’t identify him by name.That's saying it lightly- IT HAUNTS ME!!! I have tried to find him with zero success, since his is a supplier and doesn’t sell any type of ware!
Then the thought just crossed my mind to go back to that Universalist article in my last Salesman chapter and perhaps in the footnotes, there might be a led! I love footnote and since Rev Parker may have kept a diary of his visitors, he would have listed my salesman’s name listed on October 29, 1855- Wouldn't that be something!
Monday, October 29, 1855- I called on the Theodore Parker and Elizas Wright. Afterwards, I visited the fair grounds and attended the sale of cattle and also visited again the inventor’s fair.  I saw Mr. Wright again in the evening.
Thanks to Google, which did not exist when I began my research, I easily found the contributing author Dean Grodzin, whose email was listed on the Massachusetts Historical Society http://www.masshist.org/about/staff.cfm as a visiting scholar. (Wouldn’t you kill for a profile like this)

Dean Grodzins is Assistant Professor of History at Meadville Lombard Theological School. He received his A.B. from Williams College (1983) and his Ph.D. in History from Harvard University (1993). His doctoral dissertation was awarded the Alan Nevins Prize from the Society of American Historians, the DeLancey K. Jay Prize from Harvard, and the Samuel K. Gross Prize from the Harvard History Department. He has been editor since 1995 of the Journal of Unitarian Universalist History, and is the author of American Heretic: Theodore Parker and Transcendentalism(2002
Following up on leads sometimes can led you to other people or research libraries or dead ends, but responsible historian’s have to do it. So, it’s Saturday here in New England and I am expecting company soon, so as soon as I have free time, I will email Mr. Grodzin.